Pure Escapism: Your guide to the best diving in the Philippines. Anilao, Bohol, Cebu, Dauin, Puerto Galera, Tubbataha and much more… With 7,641 islands, the Philippines has it all! Let the Dive Travel Adventures and Scubaverse Media Team take you on an incredible tour above and below water in the World’s Leading Dive Destination.
Philippines Dive Adventures, a special sister publication to Dive Travel Adventures, is available now!
This print and digital magazine is packed full of incredible photography and first person travel experiences from some of the leading underwater photographers and travel journalists in the world. Philippines Dive Adventures will inspire you to pack your bags, put on your scuba gear and explore this incredible destination.
From amazing marine encounters to in-depth local dive info and tours, Philippines Dive Adventures offers you an exclusive insight into the hottest and coolest dive spots the Philippines has to offer. Get ready to tick some incredible underwater adventures off your wish list!
In Philippines Dive Adventures:
- CEBU – Uwe Jacobs and Frogfish Photography explore magnificent Moalboal, Mactan Island and Malapascua.
- APO REEF – Join multi-award winning Tobias Friedrich as he travels to Apo Reef, Mindoro.
- DAUIN, DUMAGUETE & APO ISLAND – Share Frogfish Photography’s memories of Negros Oriental – home to some of the most popular dive spots in the Philippines.
- TICAO ISLAND – Manta magic in this untouched and spectacular pelagic spot, brought to you by Andrew Marriott and Gutsy Tuason.
- PUERTO GALERA – This hotspot for biodiversity needs little introduction but Dr Alex Tattersall puts his unique spin on the wonders of the Verde Island Passage and more.
- SOGOD BAY – A pristine and untouched destination in Southern Leyte that is rapidly gaining a reputation for its incredible critter treasures, brought to you by Dr Alex Tattersall.
- SUBIC BAY – Frank Schneider shares why this bay on the west coast of Luzon is one of the world’s top spots for wreck divers.
- TUBBATAHA REEFS – This UNESCO World Heritage Site is accessible only by liveaboards but wow, is it worth it! Wolfgang Poelzer showcases one of the top destinations in the world for reef diving.
- ANILAO – The birthplace of Scuba Diving in the Philippines and now one of the world’s best muck diving and UWP spots. Resident Mike Bartick talks Blackwater Diving and more.
- SIQUIJOR ISLAND – Andrej Oblak explains how multiple marine sanctuaries, many accessible from the shore, and mystical traditions attract visitors from all over the world to this tiny island in the Central Visayas.
- BOHOL – Justifiably famous and home to incredible experiences above water as well as below, Frogfish Photography take you on a tour of the wonders of Bohol: Anda, Panglao, Balicasag and Cabilao.
- CAMIGUIN ISLAND – Bo Mancao and Ram Yoro showcase the pristine and spectacular jewel in the Philippines crown that is Camiguin Island.
- CORON BAY – World class wreck diving and jaw dropping scenery in beautiful Palawan’s Coron. This must-visit destination is introduced by Andrew Marriott and Ram Yoro.
- PLUS… Directory of Dive Centres, Liveaboards and Hyperbaric Chambers, Travel Guide to each destination, and a map and handy key system that shows you where to go for the type of diving you want to experience throughout the Philippines.
View or download a digital copy of Philippines Dive Adventures HERE.
Want a printed copy? The printed edition of Philippines Dive Adventures is available to pick up FREE from dive centres throughout the UK and Ireland now, so make sure you pick up your copy today. See a complete list of stockists HERE.
In addition to being available from dive centres, copies will also be delivered to your door with orders from selected manufacturers and dealers. You can also pick up your FREE copy of Philippines Dive Adventures from the Scubaverse or Philippines Department of Tourism stand at various dive shows and events over the coming months.
We hope you enjoy reading Philippines Dive Adventures! Let us know your thoughts on our new publication in the comments below!
Look out for the next edition of Dive Travel Adventures coming soon!
DAN and Indonesia Ministry of Tourism advance commitment to Safe Diving
Divers Alert Network and the Indonesia Ministry of Tourism are moving forward with their commitment to promoting dive safety in Indonesia. DAN President and CEO Bill Ziefle and COO Panchabi Vaithiyanathan met with Indonesia Minister of Tourism Dr. Sandiaga Uno on September 1 to further the two organizations’ Partnership to Promote Diving Safety.
The meeting took place in Jakarta amid the opening of Deep and Extreme Indonesia, Asia’s largest outdoor adventure, diving, and marine tourism show, and followed the signing of a memorandum of understanding earlier this year in which the organizations committed to working together to promote safe diving.
In the months ahead, DAN’s Indonesia team, led by Ronny Hertiadhi and Bayu Wardoyo, will be undertaking various initiatives including raising awareness for the new DAN Emergency Hotline in Indonesia (which is available in Bahasa Indonesia and English), training physicians through DAN’s Academies of Dive Medicine, conducting inspections and providing support for recompression chambers, training chamber operators, disseminating safety resources for divers (new and experienced), and supporting dive professionals and operators with free safety consultations, safety seminars, and risk mitigation measures.
“We are so pleased to be working with Minister Uno and his colleagues on this bold initiative,” Ziefle said. “Their enthusiasm — and the enthusiasm of the attendees at the DEEP show — was inspiring. The ministry has embraced the importance of safety in promoting Indonesia as a great place to dive, and we are excited to work alongside them to implement meaningful programs and strategies.”
While the effort is ongoing, the next major milestone in the collaboration will take place on September 13, when DAN Vice President, Risk Mitigation, Francois Burman and DAN Vice President, Medical Services, Matías Nochetto will travel to Indonesia to present a series of lectures and safety presentations to dive operators and medical professionals around the country.
Join the DAN community or learn more at DAN.org.
Save on NEW Emperor Harmoni
The launch of Emperor Harmoni – Emperor Divers’ brand-new liveaboard in Indonesia – is just a few weeks away with the finishing touches currently taking place. And, to welcome her to their fleet, Emperor have put together an offer as magnificent as the boat herself.
Anyone booking a trip on Harmoni for 2022 or 2023 will receive a 25% discount if they book and confirm before October 1st 2022.
That means the first guests on board can not only explore and dive the Indonesian waters in the finest of style but do so at an incredible price. And sailing on Harmoni really is fine.
She is a 24-berth, traditional Indonesian phinisi-style vessel which has been bespoke made using a combination of Emperor’s vast experience of liveaboards and the expertise of legendary Indonesian boat builder Pak Haji.
Constructed almost entirely by hand using Sulawesi ironwood, Harmoni has been designed specifically to offer the finest diving experiences possible in spacious surroundings of the very highest standard.
The beautifully-finished cabins all have en-suite bathrooms and air conditioning while the deck areas offer plenty of comfortable places to sit and maybe even enjoy a relaxing massage. The dining area is spacious and serves the high-quality food and drink you would expect from an Emperor Divers holiday.
The first trip leaves on September 16th and will cruise from Bali, taking in the wonderful scenery of Moyo Island, Sumbawa and Sangean Volcano before finally reaching Komodo National Park.
The offer is valid on new bookings only and discount is not to be combined with group free places or any other discount or promotion.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm pricing and availability or speak personally to the Emperor Divers’ reservation team to find out more.